Use GLASS ADHESIVE STENCILS to create beautiful glass etched designs. The stencils consist of two parts. The stencil pattern has a clear adhesive backing. The clear release paper protects the pressure-sensitive glue on the back of the vinyl stencil.
1. To apply the glass adhesive stencil, clean surface to be etched with any type of glass cleaner. Dry with a lint-free cloth or paper towel.
2. Peel the glass etching adhesive stencil from clear backing and place on the object to be etched. You can peel it off and reposition the stencil as many times as necessary until it is where you want it.
4. If the stencil is smaller than the glass, cover any exposed glass that you do not want etched with a piece of self-adhesive paper. On a rounded surface, you will need to lift the edges of the self adhesive paper and fold them to make a well which will hold the Etchall Glass Etching Creme in place.
5. Place a thin sheet of paper over the stencil and rub down any creases with the glass etching squeegee. This will ensure that all pieces have firmly adhered to the surface.
6. Follow the instructions for Etchall® Glass Etching Creme to etch the glass.
Instructions for Etching Rounded Surfaces
To etch on rounded surfaces, try to find objects that have as large a surface as possible where you are going to apply the stencil. Remember, you are working with a flat piece of vinyl. A good rule of thumb is to take a piece of paper the size of your pattern, and if you can lay it on the curved surface and the pattern part is flat, it is a go! Small areas call for small patterns.
After the pattern is applied, cut four strips of self-adhesive paper and form into a box around your stencil. (See photo.) This makes a small well that will hold your Etchall etching creme while it etches your piece. Crimp corners of paper inward to make a bowl effect. Position piece on "cushion" like surface to keep object from rolling. After the 15 minute processing time, pinch a corner of the paper to make a funnel, and return the creme back to the bottle for re-use. Rinse and dry your object.